Sky TV Sales/Administrative Apprentice
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to work for an established and reputable company, operating as a registered installer for Sky. The successful candidate will be based in our shop premises on Selby Road and be trained to provide exceptional customer service to our clients. The role would suit someone keen to develop their social marketing skills.
Candidate would take phone calls and book appointments for Sky TV, Aerial and flat screen TV installations for our domestic customers old and new. He/she would be also be expected to demonstrate how to operate Sky TV equipment and HEOS audio equipment. In the event of a sale then card payments would be processed using Chip & Pin. Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter require regular updates.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Take phone calls and book engineer appointments
- Sign customers up to Sky TV, Broadband & Talk
- Demonstrate Sky TV System in Shop
- Keep training/Health & Safety files up to date
- Sell equipment & take card payments
- Login, and update Twitter and Facebook sites
- Good computer and literacy skills.
- A good telephone manner
- Personal appearance and a good hygiene is required as he/she will be dealing the general public and possibly management from Sky TV and Leeds City Council.
- Not required but it would be an advantage to have qualifications in computers or IT. An understanding in Word & Excel would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
About The Role:
As an Apprentice, you are given the opportunity to earn while you learn gaining experience in sales management. Your role will include on the job training, education (through formal work based learning), as well as the opportunity to demonstrate independent work skills, team working and progression. All relevant training will be done in house. Any offsite training that may be required at a later date will be provided also.
You will be working towards a recognised Apprenticeship Standard in Customer Service or Digital Marketing.
This opportunity will be open to individuals who are hard-working and reliable, and who are prepared to learn the ropes in a small but successful company.