National Learning and Development Coach
Quality Assurance Manager
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake learner induction and identification of training and support needs to ensure the appropriate training is identified for the learner and identify whether additional support is required and the learner is on the correct level and qualification.
- Carry out initial and diagnostic assessment of Maths, English and when appropriate ICT to ascertain the correct level of support and teaching for the learner.
- Devise an Individual Learning Plan for the learner that creates personalised learning to enable the learner to undertake the learner journey and achieve the required learning outcomes.
- Deliver appropriate teaching, learning and assessment to enable the learner to demonstrate the appropriate skills and knowledge relevant to the standard to be achieved.
- To ensure that delivery of training is in accordance with the B-Skill Standard Delivery Plan to enable the learner to demonstrate the appropriate skills and knowledge relevant to the qualification achieved.
- Be able to write and deliver appropriate lesson plans to support the achievement of learning outcomes
- Ensure learners comply with all H&S and Equal Opportunities legislation and policies set by various interested parties.
- Undertake periodic reviews with the learner to monitor learner progress and set SMART targets and report progress to learner’s Employer.
- Complete all appropriate documentation relevant to the standard and learner’s progress in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy and the requirements of the awarding body to ensure internal verification can be undertaken and funding can be claimed.
- Be able to use and support learners using E-Portfolio.
- Support the learner with English, Maths and ICT needs and work in line with the Company policy and procedures to ensure the learner’s needs are met appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Include learning and teaching of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in line with the qualification they are completing, and B-Skill policy and procedures relating to equality and diversity.
- Include learning and teaching of Safeguarding & Prevent in line with the qualification they are completing and B-Skill policy and procedures relating to safeguarding of young people and adults.
- Ensure the well-being and safety of the learner throughout their period of learning.
- Deliver appropriate IAG throughout the programme and to support the learner with their progression route following completion of the programme.
- Maintain regular contact with your team leader/manager and ensure electronic diaries are updated regularly and as appropriate.
- Attend team, standardisation and One to One meetings
- Be available for OTL, IQA, EQA, and Ofsted visits as required.
- Complete CPD records appropriately and timely.
- Ensure learner progress reports are kept up to date and are correct and submitted weekly to team leader/manager.
- Ensure manager is notified of any learners at risk or any issues immediately and withdrawals are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Carry out all duties and work in accordance with the B-Skill quality improvement procedures and in the spirit of the B-Skill Values Statement.
- Play an active part in the promotion and awareness of Safeguarding of learners across the business and externally as appropriate, and to help prevent acts of radicalisation and extremism.
- Play an active part in promotion and awareness of Equality & Diversity across the business and externally as appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties (training offered where applicable) in line with business need
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within Work Based Learning Sector
- Experience delivering training/Apprenticeships in the occupational areas of delivery.
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise demanding workloads and pay attention to detail
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to focus on major priorities & able to work on own initiative
- Be self motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
- Flexible and positive approach
- Previous experience of working with E-Portfolio – One File
- You will have an awareness of Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults.
- Working experience and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note and Skype
- SharePoint knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities
Qualifications and Education
- Qualified to A1 Assessor Award/TAQA or equivalent preferred
- Teaching qualification i.e. Cert Ed
- Functional Skills Level 2 English, Maths and ICT or other equivalent qualification.
- Level 5 Management Qualification would be advantageous.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Clean Driving Licence
- Must have own vehicle and willing to travel
- Must be clean, smart and presentable at all times – there is an expectation that the candidate will be of smart dress when meeting clients and learners as appropriate
- You will undertake an Enhanced DBS Check as soon as possible
B-Skill is an national, private training company established in 2000, we are an Ofsted Grade 2 provider rated in all areas and we provide a mixture of vocational and pre-vocational training.
B-Skill are currently working towards an ambitious five-year growth strategy. To achieve this we look to recruit only the best staff. B-Skill is building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion and commitment.
The opportunity exists for a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting industry and in a company, which is making a significant contribution to the training and development of people. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can bring training to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement.
B-Skill is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults, we expect all staff, associates, volunteers and delivery partners to share this commitment. B-Skill is also committed to equality of opportunity and values the diversity of all its learners, clients, workforce and partners. B-Skill takes very seriously our obligations in respect of E&D and we currently hold the Committed to Equality Standard – Gold Award. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our vision statement:
B-Skill are passionate about engaging employers and supporting learners to raise aspirations and achieve goals. People are at the heart of our success and we use learning to encourage all people to take pride in their own special contribution to society. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to recognise the opportunities that are available to them and reach their full potential.
Unleash your excellence today!
This is both our Passion and our Purpose. These beliefs drive our success.