Key Account Operations Manager
To manage Key Account delivery contracts and effectively performance manage subcontractors, delivery staff and associates in this provision.
You will manage the relationships to ensure that you drive an effective performance strategy whilst ensuring adherence to the legal and compliance elements of the Apprenticeship Levy.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Overall accountability and responsibility for ensuring requirements of Key Account delivery contracts and programme specifications are met and achieved.
- Overall responsibility for the performance management of the subcontracted provision for Key Accounts to include; programme performance, improving the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, Learner Starts, Progressions, Timely Achievements, Audit Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Act as the main point of contact for subcontractor communication and responsible for managing the supply chain in its entirety for Apprenticeship delivery in Key Accounts.
- The management of direct delivery staff and associates working within Key Accounts.
- Implement and manage strategies to develop and enhance the quality of the service for our employers and learners. Drive high levels of client satisfaction. Accountable and responsible for effective team and caseload management
- People management
- To effectively monitor progress of apprentices and other learners. Ensuring the integrity of data, the achievement of target success rates and target timely achievement rates, and accurate reporting of the same to the Executive. Both overall and timely success rates must as a minimum achieve contract targets.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance to ensure contracts that you are responsible for are operated profitably and make the targeted financial contribution to the business as a whole, by controlling costs and achieving volume targets.
- Provide timely updates and reports as required, including monthly report for the management meeting. To ensure that accurate, timely and regular employer reports are issued in line with our company policy
- Liaise with HR on the recruitment and selection of staff in line with the Company Recruitment and Selection Procedures
- Consult with HR for guidance and advice in respect of staff conduct and discipline issues to ensure a fair and consistent process is applied throughout the business in line with Company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all your staff, associates and (as appropriate) subcontractors attend all team meetings and training and development days as required
- Carry out all duties and work in accordance with the B-Skill quality improvement procedures and in the spirit of the B-Skill Values Statement.
- Play an active part in the promotion and awareness of Safeguarding of learners across the business and externally as appropriate, and to help prevent acts of radicalisation and extremism.
- Play an active part in promotion and awareness of Equality & Diversity across the business and externally as appropriate.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience and a proven track record in delivering and managing Apprenticeship Programmes
- Experience of leading and managing subcontractor providers within WBL/ Apprenticeships
- At least 3 years’ proven experience working in a managerial role
- Account Engagement and Management
- Understanding of the funding criteria, Ofsted and subcontractor rules/compliance.
- Knowledge of Apprenticeship Levy
- Achieved significant success through team-building and motivating staff responsible for delivering front-line services
- Experience working with professional education and training bodies and an understanding of delivering apprenticeship programmes and standards
- Ability to demonstrate sound experience using Microsoft Office Package
- Experience working with data and using data effectively to drive improvements.
- Experience of using a MIS system would be advantageous
- To have high expectations of self and be capable of setting and maintaining high expectations of all within your team
- Have a non-compromising approach to the pursuit of quality in provision (where quality is determined by the expectations of Ofsted and the Employer)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and capable of building and developing strong client relationships
- Highly skilled motivator and communicator, capable of supporting, developing and retaining staff
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership, influencing and people management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Pro-active and customer focussed
- Be well organised and able to work own initiative
- Be self motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
- Work to tight deadlines demonstrating an ability to work under pressure and have a flexible disposition
- High achieving, target driven and commercially and financially aware
- Working experience and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note and Skype
- SharePoint knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities
Qualifications and Education:
- Educated to degree level
- A teaching and learning qualification i.e. Cert Ed or equivalent/ TAQA qualification would be advantageous
- A business management qualification would be advantageous
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Must be smart and presentable at all times
- Clean Driving Licence
- Must have own vehicle and willing to travel as this is a National position