Key Account Manager
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage with employers focusing on Levy paying organisations.
- Create effective relationships and partnerships at a senior level with employers.
- Ensure delivery of agreed apprenticeship targets and commercial training targets, maximising profitability
- To develop and manage a portfolio of national accounts providing excellent service levels and maximising revenue potential.
- Identifying and developing opportunities to grow learner numbers which will enhance operational performance.
- New business sales development within target market sectors.
- Prepare proposals for service delivery which can be delivered to meet internal targets, capacity and capability.
- Set up meetings between B-Skill and client decision makers.
- Practice a consultative sales approach, ensuring leads are correctly qualified and expectations are set including commitment from both parties.
- Manage successful relationship handover to key account management team.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Attend industry functions, such as networking events and conferences to promote B-Skill.
- Actively develop and promote the Company’s internal and external image and brand.
- Keep abreast of funding changes and growth opportunities within the industry.
- Provide timely updates and reports as required, including monthly report for the management meeting.
- You will promote Safeguarding and the Prevent Duty to improve learner and staff knowledge and help raise their own awareness of the risks of radicalisation and extremism.
- B-Skill does not have a dedicated health & safety officer, therefore all managers are expected to play an active part in managing health, safety and welfare within their areas of responsibility. This includes carrying out risk assessments as required in relation to staff and learners and reporting, investigating and recording incidents and accidents should an incident occur.
- B-Skill is accredited with the Committed to Equality Standard and all managers are expected to play an active role in promoting and managing equality of opportunity and inclusion, not just across their areas of responsibility but across the business and with partners, subcontractors and external stakeholders.
- Carry out all duties and work in accordance with the B-Skill quality improvement procedures and in the spirit of the B-Skill Values Statement.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other such responsibilities as are reasonably commensurate with the status of this post.
- Must have in depth knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Significant experience of working with employers at a senior level in a target driven organisation with a track record of successfully engaging with Levy paying employers.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within an Employer Engagement/Sales or business development role
- Knowledge/background in Digital Standards Marketing/Delivery would be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate sound customer service experience and liaison with people at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate sound experience using Microsoft Office Package
- Experience using CRM System.
- Very strong communication skills
- Ability to successfully liaise with people at all levels
- Tenacious, target driven and confident
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Be able to focus on major priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative with a flexible disposition
- Be self-motivated-, enthusiastic, professional and a team player
- Excellent team working and networking skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Pro-active and customer focussed
- Be well organised and able to work own initiative
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
- Work to tight deadlines demonstrating an ability to work under pressure and have a flexible disposition
- High achieving, target driven and commercially and financially aware
- Working experience and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note and Skype
- SharePoint knowledge is desirable
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3, or equivalent in Business is essential
- Hold an accredited marketing qualification or be able to demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of marketing/sales requirements
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Must be smart and presentable at all times
- Clean Driving Licence
- Must have own vehicle and willing to travel as this is a National position
B-Skill is an national, private training company established in 2000, we are an Ofsted Grade 2 provider rated in all areas and we provide a mixture of vocational and pre-vocational training.
B-Skill are currently working towards an ambitious five-year growth strategy. To achieve this we look to recruit only the best staff. B-Skill is building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion and commitment.
The opportunity exists for a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting industry and in a company, which is making a significant contribution to the training and development of people. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can bring training to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement.
B-Skill is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults, we expect all staff, associates, volunteers and delivery partners to share this commitment. B-Skill is also committed to equality of opportunity and values the diversity of all its learners, clients, workforce and partners. B-Skill takes very seriously our obligations in respect of E&D and we currently hold the Committed to Equality Standard – Gold Award. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our vision statement:
B-Skill are passionate about engaging employers and supporting learners to raise aspirations and achieve goals. People are at the heart of our success and we use learning to encourage all people to take pride in their own special contribution to society. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to recognise the opportunities that are available to them and reach their full potential.
Unleash your excellence today!
This is both our Passion and our Purpose. These beliefs drive our success.