ERF Groupage Operations Apprentice
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Apprentice ERF Groupage Operator is to manage the inbound and outbound day to day groupage duties. Whilst the ERF Groupage Operator will have a responsibility for either Imports or Exports they will be required to provide cover, as and when required, on the opposite role.
- Liaising with European Partners and internal customers to find resolutions to issues within agreed service level agreements
- Daily check to ensure deliveries are being processed efficiently and effectively according to lead times
- Liaising with Customer and Delivery points across the UK
- Processing EDI’s accurately and effectively as and when required
- Reviewing the stock check / excess sheets
- Correct handling of potential claims
- Advising partners of any discrepancies of dimensions
- Spotting and developing additional revenue opportunities
- Daily maintenance of files ensuring all documentation is filed accurately.
- Liaising with European Partners and internal customers to find resolutions to issues within agreed service level agreements.
- Acting as a first point of escalation for customers partners and staff for Groupage issues.
- Planning all relevant export departures in the most cost effective manner
- Maintaining and developing current business levels
- Ensuring that all data quality is accurate and demonstrates profit maximisation against all consignments
- Ensuring that all files are kept up to date and compliant with ISO procedures.
- Ensuring the daily checking of export bays is being processed efficiently and effectively according to lead times
- Daily maintenance of files ensuring all documentation is filed accurately
- Dealing with excess freight promptly, advising the Hellmann Account Manager team
- Dealing with hazardous freight, ensuring all documentation is checked for shipping and correct before loading
- Reviewing the stock check sheets
- Ensuring track & trace is monitored and controlled daily.
- Correct handing of potential claims.
- Advising partners of any issues with export collection orders.
- Experience in dealing with different types of people – gained through either academic or work experience
- Strong IT skills preference in Microsoft Office
- Responsible attitude
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to treat information confidentially
- Demonstrate aptitude for dealing with people in a friendly professional way
- Strong work ethic and hands on flexible approach
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate commitment to their own future development
- 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English, Grade A – C
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
About The Role:
As an Apprentice, you are given the opportunity to earn while you learn gaining experience in logistics. Your role will include on the job training, education (through formal work based learning), as well as the opportunity to demonstrate independent work skills, team working and progression.
The role is Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours with one hour unpaid meal break. There is public transport available to reach the workplace.