Airfreight Import Operator Apprentice
Stock & Administration Manager
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Complete all required import paperwork including customs work, invoicing and all other essential air import documentation
- Review all customer booking and clearance instructions ensuring these are understood and followed.
- Provide relevant service providers with the required information for successful service delivery.
- Ensure full understanding and strict compliance to customs processes and procedures.
- Ensure all delivered instructions are clear, concise and are provided in the correct format.
- Communicate with all operations to ensure the accuracy of consignment delivery.
- Manage all consignments by obtaining the latest status information and monitor accordingly.
- Ensure the recovery of air cargo is managed and complies with the ETSF.
- In the event of a service failure identify the root cause and take appropriate action to address ensuring the customer is kept fully informed.
- Accurate and timely management of all mandatory milestone data.
- Delivery of accurate costs within internal system Hellogic thus alleviating potential revenue variances.
- Raising sales invoices accurately within agreed KPI timescales.
- Comply with all relevant work and safety legislation, standards and organisational procedures and UK security regulations.
- In depth understanding of the airfreight product including Incoterms.
- Research and provide competitive quotations to both internal and external customers and follow to ensure good success rate.
- Provide customer reports where required.
- Constantly consider initiatives which will both enhance the customer experience.
- Experience in dealing with different types of people – gained through either academic or work experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Team player
- Strong IT Skills – preference in Microsoft Office
- Reliable and flexible
- Responsible attitude
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Work in a consistent methodical manner when required
- Hard working diligent, self motivated
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate commitment to their own future development
- 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English, Grade A – C
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
About The Role:
The role is Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours with one hour unpaid meal break. There is public transport available to reach the workplace.