Administration and Finance Operation Apprentice
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Check and process all Purchase invoices for Colnbrook and Airfreight invoices
- Manage the “LHR Accounts” inbox, print and process.
- Work with the Operations teams to attain accurate accruals.
- Log and follow up invoice queries.
- Check and code nominal invoices, prior to getting signed off and e-mailed to “Nominal Accounts”.
- Process Export CASS, and ensure Import CASS is processed, 2/3 times monthly.
- Issue Cash Sales invoices as a nominated user.
- Log Purchase orders and order stationery / staff uniforms as and when needed.
- Report faults to the photocopier Engineer if necessary.
- Collate and show in a spread sheet monthly overtime and e-mail to payroll.
- Oversee daily banking is carried out if necessary.
- Oversee credit card machine transactions are logged.
- Assist Manager with following up outstanding amounts on Cash Account.
- Work with Lichfield to process items appearing on our Deferment statement not accounted for.
- Booking flights / Make hotel reservations at Heathrow for UK and overseas visitors.
- Book internal meetings rooms, occasionally out source if larger facilities are required.
- Providing administrative support to Directors and other managers, such as travel arrangements, refreshments, room bookings, expenses, etc.
- Answering/directing incoming telephone calls including direct calls for Directors.
- Arranging/providing refreshments for visitors and directors.
- Ensuring that the Board Room is ready and stocked prior to visitors arriving.
- Experience in dealing with different types of people – gained through either academic or work experience
- Strong IT skills – preference Microsoft, excel, word and e-mail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible attitude, reliability and the ability to treat information confidentially.
- Able to demonstrate professional verbal and written communications skills.
- Hard working diligent, self motivated.
- Diligent, self motivated, trust worthy, team play and adaptable
- 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English, Grade A – C
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
About The Role:
As an Apprentice, you are given the opportunity to earn while you learn gaining experience in logistics administration and finance. Your role will include on the job training, education (through formal work based learning), as well as the opportunity to demonstrate independent work skills, team working and progression.
The role is Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours with one hour unpaid meal break. There is public transport available to reach the workplace.