B-Skill LTD are proud to be working with Wagg & Harringtons to recruit a Warehousing Apprentice.
‘’Leave nothing but a positive pawprint with IPN’’.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehousing Apprentice to join their friendly team.
Due to the expansion of the business they are looking to find the next generation of Wagg & Harringtons Warehousing staff.
The successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehousing Operative Apprenticeship with progression routes available for the right candidate.
IPN is an innovative, well-established and award-winning pet food manufacturer. Their family of brands include Harringtons, Wagg and a selection of partner brands that trust them to produce food on their behalf. Their kitchens in Thirsk and Kinmel produce dry, wet and baked foods which are enjoyed by dogs and cats all over the world.
IPN traces its roots back to 1923 when the Page family set up a wheat trading business, sourcing and selling to local communities. In 1985, William Page, son of the founder James Page, launched Wagg as a complete dry dog food. It was one of the first brands to be sold direct to the Grocery market. From the very first day as a pet food manufacturer, their core aim was to produce affordable, nutritious and healthy pet foods.
In November 2020 they became the first major pet food manufacturer to be certified Carbon Negative. They achieved this through a combination of accurate carbon assessment and offsetting – for their production, manufacturing, office and all of their employees (so working for them means that they offset your carbon footprint).
- The following is a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of required duties. IPN Ltd, expects all employees to undertake any reasonable request made to them by a Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager to ensure the efficient running of the business.
- Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the highest level of quality is maintained throughout the production process, through compliance with relevant Food Safety legislation, standards and requirements.
- Ensuring any product which fails critical Food Safety or quality issues are identified, controlled and raised with the Technical Manager or QA Team.
- Ensuring a clear understanding of and complying with Health & Safety and Food Quality requirements; including safe working practices and procedures.
- Follow a strict ‘clean as you go’ policy at all times
- Recognise the critical control points identified through HACCP and ensuring they are in operation at all times.
- Reporting any equipment failures for maintenance and servicing purposes
- Following rules on warehouse space allocation and the use of any external storage facilities to optimise resource and ensure efficient distribution operations.
- Minimising waste of raw materials, products, packaging, chemicals and water whilst undertaking duties within the packing and distribution departments.
- Report any product that is out of spec to your Manager immediately.
- Ensuring efficient stock rotation and maintenance of hygiene standards and general manufacturing practices.
- Ensure all Raw materials, and Regrind bins are kept at a high level.
- Correctly loading trailers and shunts, ensuring procedures are follow and paperwork is completed.
- Recognise and follow the procedures in place to ensure cost effective and efficient haulage methods of sending mixed pallets to customers and coordinating the construction of mixed pallets to order requirements.
- Working with the Warehouse Manager and Deputy to ensure all vehicles are inspected and signed off prior to loading. Ensuring completed loads are fit for dispatch.
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly stock checks and rotation practices as and when required.
- Ensuring relevant documentation is completed in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Undertaking any other duties as may be required within the general scope of the role.
Person Specification and Expected Behaviours
- Experience in a similar role, working independently with minimum supervision
- High levels of accuracy
- Strong team working ethos
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
IPN’s Core Values and expected Behaviours
- Family – We treat each other with dignity and respect and celebrate cultural difference and fresh ideas, which allows us to achieve our goals and create opportunities to make a difference.
- Customer focussed – We recognise the importance of building relationships and delivering our promises both to our external and internal customers.
- Excellence – We strive to find ways to continuously improve our processes, the quality of our products and we demonstrate the skills, knowledge and attributes to do the right thing
- Innovation – We think differently and not afraid to use our initiative to influence positive change, ensuring that we achieve a higher level of performance both individually and as a team.
- Empowerment – We make decisions that we are responsible and accountable for, and as individuals we look for improvements in our workplace and our performance by addressing things which hold us back.
- Environment – We are environmentally considerate across our process and work environment. We aim to provide a healthy and safe place to work and our customers with products that have a low carbon footprint.
Starting pay would be £9.66
In addition extra shift pay will range from – £0.87 per hour to £2.10 per hour depending on shift pattern.
42 hours or 48 hours per week, depending on which Warehouse you will be working in.
4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Location: Thirsk, YO7 3HE
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved. The duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change
As an apprentice you must be willing to gain knowledge and take instruction with regards to processes within the company, and as per your apprentice training programme.
To find out more about this opportunity please contact: 0333 900 0693