Are you looking for an exciting new career as a Production Operative?
This is the perfect opportunity if you’re looking for career progression, on the job training and working as part of an amazing team!
About the Employer
A Long History
From originally starting as a brewery in 1795 to baking pies since in 1928, we’ve been producing tasty goods for over 200 years. All from our family-owned bakery in the heart of Yorkshire.
We’ve got tons of heritage and a big helping of Yorkshire pride. Our pies are all made in the perfect spot between the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales where we’ve been turning out tastiness for decades.
The Job Role
- We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work as a Trainee Production Operative.
- The successful candidate should be keen to learn and develop within the company. This job role is ideal for an individual with little or no previous work experience who is looking to begin a career within this sector. This programme will include:
- A work ready programme (this will include CV writing, confidence building, interview skills etc.)
- A work placement with Vale of Mowbray (you will have a mentor throughout the placement)
- Sector based training, where appropriate, including training in Food Safety Awareness with a printable certificate
- Initial English, Maths and essential Digital Skills assessments are required
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Safe use of equipment
- Manual handling of trucks (containing up to 20 racks of trays) including pushing/pulling, bending, and lifting trays in the correct and safe manner
- Safely prepare the pastry/meat using the appropriate tools provided
- Decanting hot pie tins onto cooling wires in a safe manner
- Packing the pies into containers safely, on a moving line in a safer manner
- Packing and stacking boxes onto pallets and dispatching
- Have an awareness of issues and procedures relating to food safety, health and safety and hygiene
- Support team leaders and supervisors in maintaining standards in food safety, health and safety and hygiene
- To work side by side with quality assurance and engineering teams to achieve consistent delivery of good quality products
- Contribute to a ‘clean as you go’ culture by cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery whilst maintaining a high level of personal and professional hygiene standards within the workplace
- Report equipment faults, near misses and quality issues to supervisors/ engineering
- Abide by the ‘People Values’ across the Business on an ongoing basis
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post
Required Behaviours For This Role
- Customer Focus
- Business Commitment
- Developing Capability
Apply today to begin your new career!
To find out more about this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 900 0693