We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work as an Apprentice Administrator in a busy office environment based in Houghton le Spring. The successful candidate should be keen to learn and develop within the company. This job role is ideal for an individual who is looking to begin a career in recruitment. This Apprenticeship opportunity is available to those who successfully complete a pre-apprenticeship programme. This programme will include:
– A pre-enrolment programme
– A work placement with Qualia Care
– Occupational training, where appropriate
– English, Maths and essential Digital Skills training is required
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· To assist in dealing with resident enquiries and recording the required details onto the enquiry tracking system and maintaining a resident waiting list.
· To be accountable to the Home Manager for all aspects of the resident’s administration system including billing, discharge and all aspects of localised financial administration including basic credit control. Ensuring all information is submitted to the sales ledger department in a timely manner.
· Localised management reporting onto Fusion, the businesses operating system, including occupancy, fees, personal details for residents and staff. Hours worked and other key performance indicators.
· Ensure all other resident documentation is uploaded to Fusion in a timely manner.
· Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Care Home in line with Company policies and procedures, using computer and manual systems. Inclusive of banking, the allocation of receipts, batching of purchase invoices and processing petty cash.
· To record and safeguard monies held by Qualia Care on behalf of residents (personal allowance) or other funds held or raised by the care home. Including the security of pension books held on behalf of residents and ensuring all details are recorded on the care homes operating system.
· Localised staffing administration including new starter / leavers documents, information with regards payroll and the maintenance of personal and staff related files inclusive of tracking staffs DBS and Nurse registrations.
· To maintain and update Qualia Cares standard documents folders.
· To provide clerical support to the Homes Manager inclusive of a well-maintained filing system, stock of documents and stationery.
· To be accountable to the Home Manager in ensuring that the standard operating and financial procedures are adhered to, inclusive of the preparation and issuing of Management Reports within the prescribed timescales.
· Participate and minute staff, resident, and stakeholder meetings, as and when required.
· Show Visitors round the Care Home in the absence of the Home Manager.
· Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
· Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, yourself, or another.
· Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Homes Emergency and Fire procedures.
· At all times remain person focused and family aware to ensure that individual likes, needs and wants are met.
· Follow Qualia Cares whistleblowing policy if you witness or are subjected to bad practice or harm.
No experience? Don’t worry, that’s what an Apprenticeship is all about – learning and earning!!! You will receive on the job training and the team will support you through your day-to-day activities and support your development. You will also work towards your Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship with your dedicated B-Skill Learning & Development Coach.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.15 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday