We are looking to recruit an Apprentice. This is a brand new role within the business and the successful candidate will join an industry-leading company based in Stafford.
This organisation entered the UK logistics marketplace back in 1994 and has continued to grow by consistently offering tailored, efficient, and cost-effective third party logistics solutions to their clients. They provide a comprehensive food and drink supply chain management service covering the UK and Ireland.
Operating from 75 nationwide locations, they deliver state-of-the-art warehousing solutions and GPS shipment tracking to their clientele. This role is brand-new within the business and will be fast-paced with an environment to match in an operation that works 24/7, 364 days a year.
Pick and assemble orders to schedule, liaising with other Warehouse to maintain a smooth flow of work throughout the shift.
- Use RDT Equipment pick list to pick stock and orders from set locations within the warehouse
- Assemble customer orders from the order profile
- Ensure the correct amount of product is picked and built correctly and safely, onto pallets in line with warehouse procedures
- Stretch wrap completed orders and present to marshalling area as appropriate
- Generate performance in line with KPIs as required
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety at all times, reporting any
- Maintain a thorough and detailed knowledge of Warehousing duties, functions and requirements
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping throughout the site at all times, adhering to the ‘Clean As You Go’ Policy and the Company’s recycling and waste management program.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Company by supporting the day-to-day of the Warehouse.
Reports to: Warehouse Team Leader
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Competent in verbal and numerical reasoning.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Flexible and open approach to training.
- Conscientious and reliable nature.
- Displays a positive can-do attitude.
No experience? Don’t worry, that’s what an Apprenticeship is all about – learning and earning!!! You will receive on the job training and the team will support you through your day-to-day activities and support your development.
You will work towards your Apprenticeship with your dedicated B-Skill Learning & Development Coach. If you are wanting to join a large company who support career paths and invest in their staff this is the opportunity for you. What are we looking for? We want to hear from people who have a “can do” positive outlook, enthusiastic, proactive, and excellent communication & team working skills. Attention to detail and organisational skills are necessary.