LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
CHARTERED MANAGER DEGREE
DURATION: 48 months
A work-based development programme aimed at Senior Managrers that manage teams of Departmental Managers, who deliver long term organisational success in line with the company vision, values and corporate social responsibility. Key responsibilities may include taking responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success.
This programme is suitable for Senior Managers wanting to improve their strategic management knowledge and skills and support career aspirations.
DEVELOPING CORE KNOWLEDGE
- Understand how to develop and implement organisational strategy and plans in-cluding approaches to resource and supply chain management, workforce devel-opment, sustainability, taking and managing risk, monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance
- Understand financial strategies including budgets, financial management and ac-counting, how to provide financial reports, approaches to procurement and contracting, and legal requirements
- Understand approaches to stakeholder, customer and supplier management, developing engagement, facilitating cross functional working and negotiation
- Know how to undertake research, data analysis, problem solving and decision making techniques and understand the values, ethics and governance of your industry sector
DEVELOPING CORE SKILLS
- Able to create strategic plans in line with organisational objectives
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to identify and shape new opportunities
- Monitor budgets, provide reports and consider financial implications of decisions
- Undertake critical analysis and evaluation to support decision making
- Manage talent and performance, develop, build and motivate teams by utilising strengths and enabling professional development
DEVELOPING CORE BEHAVIOURS
- Take responsibility by driving to achieve in all aspects of work and demonstrate resilience and accountability
- Demonstrate a belief in the services that your company offers
- Demonstrate professionalism by setting an example and being far, consistent and impartial
- Being creative, innovative and enterprising, and flexible to the needs of the organisation
- Open to new ways of working and new management theories
B-Skill works with Arden University to deliver the full degree through a blended learning model that includes face-to-face sessions and distant learning via VLE.
Progression routes can include a MBA Degree Apprenticeship as a Senior Leader. Upon completion, there is the option to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management.