Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
Duration: 12 (Excluding EPA)
Warehouse Operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments. Work activities include taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning. They are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or fork lift trucks.
Warehouse Operatives communicate with a wide range of people and customers. They have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business. Individuals in this role are highly competent in using industry-recognised systems and associated services (e.g. Traffic/Warehouse Management Systems) and will be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. A Warehouse Operative will often be required to be flexible and work shifts including days, nights, evenings and weekends.
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests, prior to taking their end point assessment.
DEVELOPING CORE KNOWLEDGE:
- Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standards and as trained
- This will include the safe use of equipment and machinery
- Understand how to minimise the effect of their work on the environment and how their role can affect their health
- Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Effective communication with customers that store goods and with the company/employees
DEVELOPING CORE SKILLS:
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving and handling
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles
- Promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and employees
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
DEVELOPING CORE BEHAVIOURS:
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty and personal drive in every aspect of their role
- Take ownership and responsibility for their own safety and that of others at all times
- Pay attention to the safe and effective use of equipment and machinery when carrying out activities
*The End Point Assessment duration for this Apprenticeship is 3 months