Duration: 24 (Excluding EPA)
This occupation is found in all sectors where data is generated or processed. The broad purpose of the occupation is to source, format and present data securely in a relevant way for analysis using basic methods.
An employee in this role should be able to communicate outcomes in an appropriate way to their audience, analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes, blend data from multiple sources as directed and apply legal and understand ethical principles when manipulating data.
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation will interact with a wide range of stakeholders. They will typically work as a member of a team; this may be office based or virtual. The employee would mainly be responsible for their own work but may have the opportunity to mentor others.
DEVELOPING CORE KNOWLEDGE:
- Access, extract, collate and format data from a range of already identified sources in line with industry standards
- Management and presentation tools to visualise and review the characteristics of data communication
- Understand algorithms, how they work and how to troubleshoot them
- Different methods of validating data and the importance of taking corrective action
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Understand the significance of customer issues, problems, business value, brand awareness, cultural awareness/ diversity, accessibility, internal/ external audience, level of technical knowledge and profile in a business context
DEVELOPING CORE SKILLS:
- Source and migrate data from already identified different sources
- Collect, format, save, summarise, blend and explain datasets
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Apply basic statistical methods and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in data
- Apply cross checking techniques for identifying faults in data
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation using standard organisational templates
- Store, manage and distribute in compliance with data security standards and legislation
- Explain data and results to different audiences in a way that aids understanding.
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies, trends and innovation using a range of sources
- Operate as part of a multi-functional team
- Prioritise within the context of a project
DEVELOPING CORE BEHAVIOURS:
- Manage own time to meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Work independently and take responsibility with a thorough and organised approach
- Work with a range of internal and external customers
- Value difference and be sensitive to the needs of others
*The End Point Assessment duration for this Apprenticeship is 3 months