LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 18 months
A work based development programme in first line management aimed at managers, supervisors, and team leaders that have responsibility for managing a team. This programme is suitable for colleague wanting to improve their knowledge and skills to enable them to lead and a manage a team that delivers results in line with the company vision, values and corporate social responsibility.
DEVELOPING CORE KNOWLEDGE
- Understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to improve performance
- Understand people and team management models and motivation techniques
- Understand HR systems and legal requirements
- Understand performance management techniques
- Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management, including emotional intelligence and managing conflict
- Know how to develop plans, manage resources and implement change within the team
- Understand problem solving & decision making techniques
DEVELOPING CORE SKILLS
- Take responsibility by driving to achieve in all aspects of work and demonstrating resilience and accountability
- Demonstrate a belief in the services that offers
- Demonstrate professionalism by seng an example and being fair, consistent and impartial
- Being creative, innovative and enterprising, and flexible to the needs of the organisation
DEVELOPING CORE BEHAVIOURS
- Able to build a high performing team by supporting & developing individuals and motivating them to achieve
- Able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose and adapt style to suit the audience
- Support the development of the team through coaching, role modelling values and behaviours and managing change effectively
- Able to organise, manage resources and risk, and monitor progress to deliver against the business plan
B-Skill directly delivers the whole standard through a delivery model that best suits the needs of the Employer. This can include 1:1 in the workplace, day release or a blended learning model that includes face-to-face sessions and distant learning via VLE.
Progression routes can include a higher level Apprenticeship including Strategic Leadership & Management or Chartered Manager Degree. Upon completion, there is the option to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management.