DURATION: 18 months
A work based development programme aimed at Finance/Accounts Assistants to develop knowledge and skills in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements, as well as completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
DEVELOPING CORE KNOWLEDGE
- Understand the organisations business strategy including customer and supplier needs, in order to produce relevant and compliant financial information
- To enter accounting transactions, perform a reconciliation, correct errors and produce a range of reports
- Use of all relevant office and accounting packages used within the organisation relevant to the job role
- Basic elements of double entry book-keeping and accounting standards
- To account for the purchase and disposal of on-current assets
- Understand the basic tax principles to apply current regulations to calculate VAT and submit a VAT return
DEVELOPING CORE SKILLS
- Effectively record and analyse financial data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate financial information in a way that non-finance staff can interpret and understand
- Consistently deliver high quality, ‘right first time’ financial and performance data in a timely fashion in line with the organisation’s requirements
- Applies techniques to both common and on-routine problems, analysing where required and selecting the appropriate tools and techniques to produce solutions
DEVELOPING CORE BEHAVIOURS
- Accept changing priorities and working requirements readily and has the flexibility to maintain high standards in a changing environment
- Identifies opportunities to actively engage in the wider business when appropriate
- Provides information that positively contributes to influencing business decisions whilst continually striving to improve own working processes and those of the organisation
B-Skill directly delivers the whole standard through a delivery model that best suits the needs of the Employer. This can include 1:1 in the workplace, day release or a blended learning model that includes face-to-face sessions and distant learning via VLE.
Progression routes could include a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.