This page contains details of the arrangements that B-Skill is making to ensure that your learning can continue safely and with as little disruption as possible during the Covid pandemic.
Distance learning courses
We are continuing to offer our online flexible learning courses. These can be completed wherever and whenever is best for the learner.
We are currently offering the following Level 2 qualifications as part of our distance learning offer:
- Principles Of Warehousing
- Equality and diversity
- Behaviour that challenges in children
- Awareness of bullying in children and young people
- Principles of customer service
- Prevention and control of infection
- Safeguarding, prevent and British values
- Awareness of mental health problems
- Understanding nutrition and health
- Principles of team leading
- Organisation management techniques
For more information on our fully-funded distance learning courses, please contact: email@example.com.
For information regarding timetabling on our beauty courses, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our beauty courses are continuing to run but are now being taught via remote learning. This means that learning is now taking place via video call on either Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Once the lockdown period is over and it is safe to do so, the courses will return back to classroom based learning.
The following VTCT accredited courses will now be delivered remotely:
- L2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up
- L2 Award in Facial Massage and Skin Care
- L2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques
- L2 Certificate in Nail Technology
- L3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- L3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- L3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- L3 Diploma in Massage Therapy
- L3 Diploma in Make-Up Artistry
- L4 Diploma Advanced Beauty Therapy
- Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing
- Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Diploma in Reflexology
- NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage
For information regarding timetabling, please contact: email@example.com
Our apprenticeship provision is being delivered remotely with one to one coaching, teaching and learning sessions on a monthly basis . All pre-arranged coaching sessions will continue and be delivered by either Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Our online e-portfolio system facilitates access for learners and managers which is flexible and can be adapted to accommodate specific learning needs. All learners will require access to online learning, in compliance with our Code of Conduct, via a preferred device however, should this not be possible, we will be able to have telephone contact and send out paper based resources.
Our e-portfolio learning platform provides resources, learning activities and assignments supported by continuous feedback, assessment, information, advice and guidance from our Learning and Development Coaches. Our mobile telephone app supports access to online visits and learning and paper resources can be sent to learners where applicable. Learners are asked to produce and upload evidence onto our learning platform and examples include submission of product evidence, recorded professional discussions, written assignments, reflective journals and witness testimonies. All new starts are engaged remotely by digital form capture with access to all coaching, teaching and learning sessions and resources on our e-portfolio learning platform. Our Learner Support Officer and Functional Skills Specialist are also on hand for any additional support and guidance for learners to access.
Classroom learning courses
For information regarding timetabling, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the latest government guidance, our classroom-based learning activities have ceased. This means that during this time we are currently no longer teaching in our classrooms. During the lockdown period, we have developed some of our classroom learning courses to now be delivered via remote learning. Our Level 2 Scale Up course is now delievered remotely via online learning; our Level 1 Health and Wellbeing course is now delivered as a blended learning model; and our English Functional Skills course is being now delivered remotely. Once lockdown is over, these three courses will remain part of our remote learning offer.
B-Skill will provide access equipment, i.e laptop or tablets (on loan) and/or dongles, to support learners who need them at this time. For more details and eligibility criteria, please contact: email@example.com.
When it is time to do so, B-Skill want to ensure a safe return to the classroom. Our primary concern is to take care of our staff and learners and to safeguard their health and well-being. B-Skill have put a range of measures into place to reduce transmission between both staff and learners. We continue to monitor the situation closely in accordance with the latest Government and Public Health England guidance.
This includes but is not limited to the, following:
- B-Skill will carry out a full COVID-19 Risk Assessment on each delivery location, individual classrooms and for each new learner group.
- B-Skill will ensure that all delivery sites and classrooms that have been closed have had a deep clean and are ready to restart. B-Skill will ensure increased cleaning in classrooms; review and revise cleaning schedules and ensure frequent cleaning of areas between uses.
- B-Skill will ensure social distancing between learners to operate safely and effectively and minimise contact between learners. This includes altering the classroom environment such as classroom layout, class sizes and staggered break times. As each delivery location circumstances will be slightly different this will be based on the outcome of the individual classroom risk assessment.
- B-Skill will provide hand sanitiser in the classroom in addition to washrooms and all
- B-Skill staff, learners and visitors will be required to sanitise on entry and exit from the classroom.
- B-Skill will ensure that track and trace posters are displayed at all centres. All B-Skill staff, learner and visitors must check in the centres daily using the NHS Track and Trace QR Code
- B-Skill learners must complete and return the COVID-19 questionnaire prior to returning to a B-Skill classroom learning programme and be provided with a copy of the COVID-19 Code of Conduct
- B-Skill will provide temperature guns in all centres. All staff/learners/visitors must get their temperature checked when entering centres
- B-Skill will provide social distance floor signage and if required implement one-way systems which should be followed by staff and learners.
- B-Skill will provide regular reminders and signage to maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Where possible, all B-Skill delivery locations should be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows) or ventilation units
When we return to the classroom, B-Skill will consider a combination of remote and traditional classroom learning to maximise learner engagement, support vulnerable learners and to ultimately minimise the transmission risk.
Our Director of Curriculum, Quality and Compliance, Alison Hodgson, has overall responsibility for the quality and delivery of remote education during the pandemic.